iNewsletter can automatically post a news feed item into Compass, with a link to your newsletter, when you publish a newsletter.
To setup the integration, or change the user who the news feed item appears from:
- Login to Compass as the user the news feed item should appear from
- Click the Cogwheel icon in the top right corner and choose Administration Tools (if Administration Tools isn't in the menu, ensure the user is a member of the CompassSponsors group)
- Choose Client Manager
- Click Register Client and choose Register iNewsletter Client
- Fill out audience details, give the client a name and choose Register
- Take note of the newly generated Client ID
Now you need to add/update the Integration in iNewsletter:
- On the Dashboard for the Publication you want the integration to be for, click the Settings tab
- Scroll down to the Integration Settings section
- If the Compass integration has previously been setup, click the Trashcan icon next to it, to remove the integration
- Click Setup next to the Compass integration
- In the popup window that appears, enter your Compass domain name. Don't include "https://", or anything at the end. For example, "yourschool-vic.compass.education"
- Click Next and enter the previously generated Client ID
- Click Connect and the popup window will close
The Compass integration will now show as being setup.